Leaders focus on their goal, value the people that are part of the effort and believe in themselves.
Our leadership program for teens is designed to give everyone an active martial arts workout while it empowers our teenage students to be more confident, courteous young leaders.
Cedar Mill Martial arts is committed to create a compassionate and embracing community that gives young adults the values of integrity, perseverance, and indomitable spirit.
On their Black Belt journey, our teenage students learn the basics of the Korean Martial Art of Taekwondo and have the chance to become better athletes and better individuals. While they attend our martial arts classes, students have the chance to learn or improve basic skills like coordination, balance, agility, and self-control.
Our taekwondo program has incorporated community service opportunities that teach our students leadership and it gives them a positive athletic experience.
What makes taekwondo such a great martial arts is the mental/physical discipline and health benefits that teenage students learn by attending a taekwondo program tailored for their needs. By building endurance and keeping the body conditioned and a clear focused mind, taekwondo is especially great for teenagers as it helps them build their confidence, self-discipline and self-control while at the same time equipping them with the self-awareness and self-defense skills that they need to handle situations that call for their protection as well as control such situations to their advantage. Therefore, if you had been wondering which martial art is best suited for your teenager then enroll them for out taekwondo for teens program and see them reap the numerous and amazing benefits.
Benefits of Taekwondo for Teens
- It enhances self-esteem. Teenage years often contain some factors that can be rough on a teen’s self-esteem. However, taekwondo can change their perspective and build their self-confidence through heightening your teen’s mental and physical powers which increases their feeling of self-worth thereby raising their self-esteem.
- Taekwondo for teens is a great way to help your teenager build their confidence which allows them to take control of their life and dare to achieve their goals without being constricted by the possibility of failure.
- For teenagers, taekwondo also helps in teaching self-defense which gives them get the training they need to recognise situations that require physical self-defense, and be able to control those situations to their advantage.
- Our Taekwondo for teens program offers a great avenue to strengthen your teenager’s mind and body by developing mental discipline and physical coordination through the various techniques that our masters take them through.
- It is a fun way to stay in shape and learn great skills for self-defense, mental and physical development. Through the perseverance drills, footwork drills, and other physical techniques offered when learning taekwondo, your teenager will get and stay in great shape both physically and mentally.
- Taekwondo for teens also gives teenagers great flexibility and a wider range of motion because the techniques taught by our program offer great opportunities for development of great flexibility that cannot be achieved by simply running occasionally or watching TV or being at their computer day in and day out.
- Finally, taekwondo allows your teenager to develop great health and dietary habits. The teen years are mostly associated with a lot of junk food consumption, peer pressure, smoking, drinking and development of other poor life-style habits and therefore, taekwondo is a great way to channel your teen’s extra energy and help equip them with the skills and techniques needed to resist peer pressure and develop better health and dietary habits.